Once you become a mom, the days of perfect makeup, beautiful manicures, and freshly-shaven legs seem to fly right out the window.
Suddenly, any measly time you may have had to yourself before gets replaced with bottles, diapers, and school drop-off lines.
While you may not have enough time to read a book or take a nap, here are just a few ways you can save some extra time on the go:
- Spray dry shampoo before you head to bed. This helps the dry shampoo work into your hair overnight, so it looks fresher and more natural in the morning.
- Coat bobby pins with hair spray. This will help keep your hair in place all day long, so you never have to worry about annoying fly-aways.
- Use a business card while applying mascara. Even the busiest mom in the world will refuse to leave the house with raccoon eyes first thing in the morning. To avoid smearing mascara all over your eyelids in a rush, try using a business card as a simple barrier.
- Deep condition your hair before working out. It sounds gross but few people actually have time to exercise and deep condition their hair. If you coat your hair in deep conditioner before heading to the gym, the heat from your workout will help activate it for maximum hydration.
- Brush your teeth in the shower. Seriously, this sounds like a no-brainer. There’s no need to waste extra time hopping out of the shower to brush your teeth.
- Dry nail polish with ice water. Waiting for freshly polished nails can be a pain, but dunking your fingers into ice water right after painting your nails will help the surface dry quickly. Simply paint your nails, air dry for a few minutes, then dunk. The results are amazing!
- Shave your legs with baby oil. There’s no need to hop in the shower to shave your legs. Try using baby oil instead of shaving gel for the smoothest legs, without eating into your shower time.
- Cover nail polish chips with glitter polish. Glitter polish can help cover up just about any kind of nail polish problem, like chipped polish and overgrown nails
- Push cuticles back in the shower. The hot water will make your cuticles soft, so they’ll be much easier to push back in the shower.
- Mix foundation with moisturizer. If you’re running low on foundation, simply mix what you have left with some moisturizer to turn it into a smooth BB cream.
- Apply makeup with your fingers. If you’re in a rush, skip the brushes altogether and use your fingers to apply foundation and concealer.
- Line and curl lashes at the same time. Coat the edge of your eyelash curler with eyeliner to apply eyeliner while curling your eyelashes at the same time. This takes a bit of precision, so be careful when you try it!
- Wear wrist weights while blow-drying your hair. This will help you build muscle while getting ready in the morning—kill two birds with one stone!
- Wear red lipstick. A bold red lip always helps you look put together, even if there’s no time for any other makeup. If you hate red, try another bold color, like a deep berry.
- Repair a torn nail with a teabag. Simply cut out a piece of teabag and gently place it over the tear. Then use a base coat to glue the teabag to your nail before painting over it. Nobody will be able to tell the difference!
You may also be interested in...