Amazon Prime Day is like a Black Friday sale that doesn’t force you off the couch—no hours spent looking for parking!
That’s why savvy shoppers look forward to Prime Day all year long, even more so than Black Friday.
For 30 hours straight, Amazon features incredible deals and steep discounts on all your favorite products, but there are a few tips and tricks that will put you ahead of the game when Prime Day finally arrives:
- Sign up for a 30-day free trial. It’s true! You can start your 30-day free trial right before Prime Day just to score those killer deals, then cancel if you don’t want to pay for a year-long membership. Chances are, though, once you start saving with Prime, you’ll probably want to keep your membership going for deals on shopping, music, movies, and books all year-round.
- Shop early. Amazon Prime Day typically arrives on the second Tuesday in July (it was July 11 in 2017), but people often make the mistake of only shopping on that day. To score all the best deals, start shopping a day or two early to see all the upcoming deals before they go live.
- Download the Amazon app. No matter what, you’re going to want the Amazon app for all your shopping needs. But if you’ve never downloaded the app before, you can automatically score a $10 credit just for signing in.
- Sign up for Paribus. If any of your Amazon shipments arrive late, Paribus negotiates with the company to get you a free month of Prime or a $10 Amazon gift card. What do you have to do? Just sign up!
- Add items to your wish list before Prime Day. It’s so easy to snag the items you want on Prime Day as long as you plan accordingly. By adding everything you want to your wish list before the big day, you’ll be notified once the sale goes live.
- Keep an eye on Spotlight Deals. These are the deals you want to look out for because they’ll be gone before you know it. Spotlight Deals feature top brands and super popular items that will essentially remain on sale until inventory runs out. You can find Spotlight Deals through the “Shop All Deals” link on Amazon.
- Have Alexa? Use it. Unsurprisingly, shoppers with an Alexa device will have exclusive access to all the best deals during Prime Day. Simply ask, “Alexa, what are your deals?” for the most exclusive deals of the day.
- Buy a new TV. Believe it or not, the best deal of Amazon Prime Day is also a new TV, so if you’ve been thinking about buying one, now is the time to do it.
- Buy discounted gift cards through Gift Card Granny. While the savings aren’t huge, you can instantly start your Prime Day with a 1.5% savings just by purchasing a discounted gift card through Gift Card Granny before you start shopping.
- Follow Amazon on Facebook. Last year, Amazon partnered with Facebook before Prime Day to help shoppers learn about exclusive deals before they dropped. Make sure to scan Amazon’s feed to see what you might be missing out on!
- Download the Amazon Prime Now app. Depending on where you live, your area may qualify for Amazon Prime Now, an instant one-hour delivery service.
- Sign up for an Amazon credit card. By using your Amazon credit card on the big day, you can score 5%-20% back on all your purchases.
You may also be interested in...