Have champagne taste on a beer budget? We’ve all been there, and it’s a terrible feeling to want something you simply can’t afford.
People always say that clothes are in investment; there’s no point buying cheap clothes made from even cheaper materials, if they’re just going to fall apart.
But the thing is, most of us can’t afford to buy from high-end brands, no matter how much of an “investment” they may be.
That’s why we absolutely love these awesome tips on scoring high-end brand clothes for free—yes, free!
- Start a barter club. One man’s trash is another man’s treasure, right? We all have something we want to get rid of, so why not try to make a trade? While you could try to start a barter club with your friends or neighbors, you can also find barter groups on sites like Meetup.com. You never know what kind of treasures you’ll find at a clothing swap!
- Offer up your de-cluttering services. This may sound strange, but you could easily make money and score some free clothes by offering to organize closets in wealthy neighborhoods. While they get a nice clean closet, you likely get to go home with a bag full of free clothes.
- Host an unwanted gift exchange. After Christmas, everybody has gifts they don’t want but can’t take back. Gather up your friends and host your own unwanted gift exchange party to see if somebody’s unwanted gift could be your next favorite outfit.
- Check the classifieds. People are always trying to sell things they don’t want or need on sites like Craigslist or eBay. Believe it or not, some people on Craigslist in particular are simply giving away items for free just because they may be spring cleaning or moving away.
- Sign up for Listia. This is pretty much an eBay for free stuff, but it works on a credits system. The more you donate, the more credits you’ll earn—it’s that simple.
- Use SwapStyle.com. SwapStyle is essentially an online clothing swap, but better. Based on your fashion profile, the site will actually match you with other swappers who share your same taste in style. You won’t believe what kind of gems you’ll find on here!
- Scour yard sales. Just like Craigslist, a lot of people give away great items at yard sales just because they’re moving, going on an extended trip, or just cleaning out their closets. Most people have no idea that you can actually find high-end items at yard sales, but you absolutely can!
You may also be interested in...