Whether you work full-time, part-time, or go to school, everybody loves earning some extra cash without committing to a job and sacrificing time to get it.
There are plenty of fast, easy ways to make money, but you might need to give up a few hours every day to get what you want.
No matter what your situation is, we know you’d love to earn a little extra money right now, but that might not mean getting a new job or even a side-job.
If you want a little more cash now, without committing to anything that’s going to take time out of your day-to-day schedule, there are plenty of unusual ways to earn cash fast.
We’ve compiled a short list of easy opportunities to make money that won’t eat into your daily life:
1. Air BNB: Are you going on vacation sometime soon? Maybe visiting relatives for the holidays? If you have a house, apartment, or even a room, you can list it on Air BNB for free. Just go on the website, tell them where you live, how long you’ll be gone for, and that’s pretty much it! They’ll match you with somebody who needs a place to stay for the days you plan on being gone, and they’ll do the rest. You get to choose how much you plan on renting your property for and Air BNB collects just 3 per cent of the profit. This can be an especially lucrative option for anybody living in a popular vacation area, like Los Angeles, San Francisco, New York, etc.
2. Sell Your Body Parts: This is not actually as creepy as it sounds. By “body parts,” we mean hair, plasma, etc. You can legally sell your plasma for cash in the U.S., and most larger cities will pay up to $35 for it—the only catch is that you can generally only donate twice a week. The process involves taking blood, draining the plasma, and returning the remains to your system; it takes about 30 minutes to an hour. An even more profitable option is to sell your hair. The requirements are fairly strict, but if you meet the criteria you could earn several hundred—even a thousand—dollars for your long locks. Generally, your hair must be about 10-12 inches long, uncolored, and well-kept to sell. Websites like The Hair Trader (which is currently under maintenance) and World of Wigs are great places to look if you’re interested.
3. Focus Groups: Make money to give your opinion? Count us in! Plenty of companies that want to get feedback from consumers about their products will hold sessions with these groups—all you have to do is answers their questions. By participating in these focus groups, you can earn anywhere between $25-200 just for your opinion. If this is something you think you want to look into, check out FindFocusGroups.com, a site that lists countless focus groups all over the country.
4. Mystery Shopping: Getting paid to shop is pretty much everybody’s dream, but it can easily be your reality. Mystery shoppers are hired by companies like ShoppersCritique.com and SecretShopper.com to pose as customers and report back about the quality of customer service at certain stores. According to SecretShopperCompany.com, you can make about $20 or $30 each time you work as a secret shopper. Bonus: if you mystery-shop at a restaurant, your whole meal will be free.
5. Be a Billboard: This is especially helpful for anybody with a long, traffic-filled commute. Sitting in traffic for hours is already a drag, so why not make extra money while doing it? FreeCarMedia.com pairs drivers with advertisers looking to get the word out about their companies. Once you register online, the website will find you an advertiser, and essentially make your car into a moving billboard for the company. As long as you don’t mind the change to your car, the whole process is a piece of cake—not to mention you can earn up $900 a month!
6. Rent a Friend: This is a strictly platonic site for people looking to socialize and meet new friends in their area. You can charge up to $50 an hour just to be somebody’s friend at a social event, wedding, hiking trip, or just see a movie with them! Not only do you get to make your own schedule, set your own price, and choose what you want to do, you also keep 100 per cent of the profits.
7. Card Cash: This is probably the quickest and easiest way to make money on the list. If you have any unwanted gift cards, Card Cash will give you up to 92 per cent of what you have on the card. Simply go on the website, tell them what kind of gift card you have, type in the card number and PIN, and they’ll tell you how much money you can get for it. You can be paid with cash, via PayPal, or even check.
You may also be interested in...